Thursday, August 25, 2022

Milkweed Balloon Plant

 

In continuation with my post of Front yards of Long Beach, I'd like to share these snapshots of the Milkweed Balloon Plant (Gomphocarpus Physocarpus) that I have taken back in July 2022 while walking in Long Beach, CA. 
The plant is native to southeast Africa, but has been widely expanded. It is an ornamental plant, also known as Hairy Balls, Balloon Cotton Bush, Bishop's Balls, Nailhead, or Swan Plant.
This one picked up my attention because it is the first time I see one on a front yard, so close to the sidewalk. It has been planted in combination with flowers bushes of different colors and textures. It looks very pretty in Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just monochrome wild grasses as landscape design

  Seattle Waterfront is being renovated and this year, apart from completing public buildings, new landscape and hardscape design has been a...