Saturday, January 22, 2022

Orchids from the Festival of Flowers

 

Every year I anxiously expect two special celebration dates: the Flowers Festival at the Asian Garden Mall in Westminster, CA, and the Day of the Dead, celebrated in several cities of Southern CA.
Both events full of flowers, the first one to celebrate the new Solar Year (Asian) and the second one as an homage to the dead.
The festival in Westminster has a lot of stands selling orchids, all of them beautiful. 
I have not been lucky with my own orchids, as I used to water them more than needed, when the roots are aerial. I am learning from my mistakes.
Nevertheless, I enjoy taking close up orchids photographs, which I am sharing today. See the details that make them so interesting.
All pictures by Myriam Mahiques, personal archives, January 2022. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Just monochrome wild grasses as landscape design

  Seattle Waterfront is being renovated and this year, apart from completing public buildings, new landscape and hardscape design has been a...